Last Updated: June 21, 2022
Important Information About This Policy
While we always aim to provide complete and transparent information about how we process your personal information, we reserve the right to amend or update this Policy from time to time or to create additional policies in order to accurately reflect changed circumstances or new legal requirements. As a result, it is important that you read this Policy closely so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your personal information.
To assist us in ensuring that we can provide the most accurate information possible, we ask that you check this Policy for updates. We also ask that where we have an ongoing relationship with you and any of the data you have provided becomes no longer accurate that you keep us informed of this so we can amend our records accordingly. By providing us with personal information or using our website, you expressly consent to the information-handling practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use our website or provide us with your information.
Information We Receive
A. Personal Information
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, or can be used to contact a particular individual. The types of personal information we receive includes the following categories.
- Contact information – first name, last name, email address, physical address, billing address, and telephone number.
- Account and patient information – patient ID, account username, account password, and other information that we may request or that you may provide relating to your patient account.
- Transactional information – details about your transactions with us, including method of payment, payments received, payment details, insurance information, transaction history, services performed, dates of services, and other information relating to your use of our services.
- Communication information – details regarding informational materials you may have requested or received from us, the services in which you are interested, your receipt of informational communications, information regarding your communication preferences, and copies of communications and inquiries you have submitted to us, including through email, calls, and features available on our Site.
- Device and usage information – details regarding how and when you use our Site, including the device used to connect to our Site or software, your IP address and device identifier, the frequency and duration of your usage, the pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website, and information about your interaction with our Site.
We collect this information when you visit or navigate our Site, fill in forms on our Site, schedule appointments or make payments on the Site, communicate with us using functionality on the Site, or otherwise provide us with personal information through the Site.
To the extent you provide us with information about third parties, we will use it in accordance with this Policy. If you provide us with such information, you confirm that you have the consent of the third party or are otherwise entitled to share the information with us and that you have made the information in this Policy available to the third party.
Please note that we may aggregate or anonymize the foregoing types of information such that they are no longer capable of identifying you, in which case they are no longer considered “personal information.” We may also collect information about you from third-party sources and information about you that is publicly available.
B. Automatically Collected Usage and Device Information
Like most websites, our Site uses various technologies to automatically collect information about visitors. Those technologies include:
- Log Files and Device Identifiers. We use log files to track actions occurring on the Site and collect data about visitors, including IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, and device identifiers.
- Web beacons and other technologies. Our App may use other tracking tools, including web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs), which are small electronic images embedded in content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership.
The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on Site visits, including with information in our patient management system. We may share information about your use of our Site with our advertising and analytics partners, who may combine it with other information that you previously provided to them.
C. Information from Other Sources
We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, service providers, and other third parties and add it to other information we have collected. We, and third parties we engage, may combine information we collect from you over time, and across the Site, with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve the information’s overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
D. Social Media
If you interact with us on any social media platform: (a) depending on your social media privacy settings, the personal information that you submit on the social media platform may be read, collected, or used by us as described in this Policy, and (b) where we respond to any interaction with you on social media, your account name/handle may be viewable by any and all members or users of our social media accounts. Social media platforms operate independently from us and we are not responsible for the personal information that you choose to submit or link on any social media platform. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings of any social media platform with which you interact to help you understand their privacy practices.
How We Use Personal Information
We (or service providers acting on our behalf) may use the personal information identified above for the following purposes:
- Entering into and managing our business relationship with you and providing services to you.
- Scheduling you for services, communicating with you and responding to your inquiries and communicating regarding our services and other issues
- Providing and optimizing your experience on our Site and ensuring that our content is presented to you in the most effective manner.
- Sending you promotional and informational communications and solicitations, tracking your communication preferences, and for our internal marketing purposes.
- Managing customer service issues, including issues relating to the performance of our services and customer feedback.
- Developing, updating, and improving our services, customer service, and customer experience, and otherwise improving our knowledge and insights regarding customers.
- Preventing and detecting fraud, financial crime, hacking activities, security breaches, and other unlawful activities in connection with the Site or the purchase or use of our services.
- Enforcing our agreements with customers, complying with our legal or regulatory obligations, and defending or advancing legal claims.
- Notifying you about changes to our Site, services, or material changes to this Policy.
- Providing you with surveys or otherwise soliciting feedback from you.
- Performing other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or to which you otherwise consent.
For more information about your options relating to your personal information and your communication preferences, see “Choices About the Collection and Use of Personal Information” below.
Disclosure of Personal Information
When the information we collect about you is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share your information with the following types of entities:
- Business partners, service providers, and third-party vendors necessary for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obliged not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. For example, our IT and system administration providers, cloud hosting providers, payment processors, and insurance providers.
- Marketing and advertising vendors that may assist with lead generation, hosting information relating to clients and potential clients, marketing automation, advertisement placement and targeting, and marketing campaigns and communications.
- Regulatory and governmental authorities, law enforcement agencies, and courts, as necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Analytics vendors in order to understand our Site traffic and usage patterns, optimize our Site, and identify potential new clients.
- Our professional advisors, such as lawyers, accountants, and other similar advisors.
- Buyers or other successors prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred.
- Other parties for any purpose we disclose at the time you provide the information.
Protection of Personal Information
We use appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Further, in the event you access any service through our website using a username and password, you are solely responsible for keeping your username and password strictly confidential.
Your Choices About Personal Information
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. We try to offer you meaningful choices regarding your personal information. Some choices you have regarding personal information include the following.
- Marketing Emails – As required by applicable laws, to the extent we ever send you promotional emails, you can opt-out of receiving such emails from us by clicking the “opt out” link in any such promotional emails and following the instructions provided.
- Cookies – Depending on your browser or device, you may have the option to set the browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set, or delete cookies. Each browser and device are different, so we recommend you evaluate the tools and settings available in your browser or device, as well as any available instructions for the same. Please note that if you disable or delete cookies, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Site.
- Google Analytics – As discussed above, we use Google Analytics in connection with the Site. If you would like to refrain from having your data collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an opt-out browser that you can use. You can find more information on how Google uses information it collects here.
- Interest-Based Advertising – To opt-out of personalized or interest-based advertisements, you may be able to adjust the settings on your device. Please go to your device settings and opt-out through the controls provided through Google/Android or iOS, as applicable. Each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices, has its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of interest-based advertisements. (We cannot guarantee that these instructions will not change, or that they will continue to be available; they are controlled by each mobile platform, not us.). For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator. You can also visit https://optout.aboutads.info to opt out of interest-based advertisements.
- Declining to Provide Information – You can choose not to provide us with information we may request through our Site, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Site, request information about our Services, or initiate other transactions with us
- Do Not Track Mechanisms – Please note that our Site does not honor “Do Not Track” signals, and such signals will not impact the operation of this Site.
In addition to the above, you may contact us using the details provided at the end of this Policy with any questions about the choices relating to your personal information.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites. Such websites have separate privacy policies that you should review. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for the content of linked websites or those companies’ data-handling practices. Links to these websites are provided for convenience or reference only and are not intended as (1) an endorsement by us of the organization or individual operating the website or (2) a warranty of any type regarding the website or the information on the Web site.
Allen Dental is headquartered in the United States and, as a result, the information you provide to us may reside on servers or workstations located the United States. You understand and consent that information you provide may be transferred to the United States. You also understand that the data protection laws in the United States may be different from those of the country where you reside. When we transfer personal information to the United States, we will implement appropriate and suitable safeguards to protect such information as may be required by applicable data protection laws.
Our Site is a general audience site and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 16 years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 16. Should we discover that a child under the appropriate age provided his or her personal information, we will use that information only to respond to that child and inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving such information.
Changes to this Policy
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. If there are changes to our Policy, we will post them here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of this Site after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. Accordingly, we encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
How to Contact Us
For questions or more information about our privacy practices, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact information provided below:
42 North Dental
200 Fifth Ave, Floor 3
Waltham, MA 02451
c/o Marketing Director